Covid-19 vaccines : how to control temperature during storage and transport ?
The Covid-19 pandemic highlights more than ever the importance of transporting and storing vaccines, which are extremely sensitive health products. Depending on the vaccines offered, the temperature should be -80°C or between 2 and 8°C. To meet these logistical challenges it is necessary to control the temperature throughout the supply chain, from the procurement phase to storage and then during distribution to vaccination centers, pharmacies or hospitals.
Temperature recorders or connected temperature sensors allow to control the cold chain. Plug and Track solutions allow you to monitor the temperature in pharmaceutical warehouses, refrigerated trucks, refrigerators, isothermal coolers…
- Vaccine transport between 2 and 8°C : which solution to control the cold chain?
- Pharmaceutical warehouses and cold rooms : our alarm systems and remote temperature control.
- Pharmacy refrigerators : the Plug and Play solution to monitor the temperature of vaccines.
Vaccine transport between 2 and 8°C : which solution to control the cold chain ?
The Plug and Track temperature data loggers allow to control the integrity of the cold chain throughout the supply chain. The Thermo Bouton 22L miniature and resistant fits easily inside a refrigerated truck, on a pallet, in a pharmacy fridge, in an isothermal crate, etc.
|Technical characteristics of the temperature data logger Thermo Button 22L
The Thermotrack PC software displays the temperature graph and shows whether temperature overruns have occurred. Specialists in pharmaceutical logistics call these exceedances “temperature excursions”.
Pharmaceutical warehouses and cold rooms : our alarm and remote temperature control systems
You have the possibility to monitor your warehouses in real time, from -80°C to +8°C :
- Thanks to the central temperature monitoring system on the Cloud Thermotrack Webserve. You can monitor your critical equipment in real time from a PC, tablet or smartphone. Alarms by email, sms or siren, warn you in case of anomaly.
- With the FoxNet wireless temperature data logger the temperature sensors send data in real time to the Thermotrack Webserve platform. FoxNet accepts both digital sensors (for vaccines to be stored between 2 and 8°C) and PT100 sensors for vaccines to be stored in ultra-freezers at -80°C.
- With Sensor Net Connect, an electronic box in Ethernet or Wi-Fi, you can connect digital temperature sensors, PT100 sensors, temperature and humidity sensors. The data can also be accessed in the cloud via Thermotrack Webserve or on a PC with Thermoscan IP.
Pharmacy refrigerators : the Plug and Play solution to monitor the temperature of vaccines
For a fridge alarm system in a pharmacy, use our Pharmacy Fridge Pack. It contains all the necessary equipment to monitor the temperature of vaccines in a pharmacy :
- A Sensor Net Connect to be connected to the network or the pharmacy internet box.
- A temperature sensor to be installed directly in the fridge.
- Access to Thermotrack Webserve to consult the temperature from a PC or Smartphone and receive alerts when the temperature exceeds 2 and 8°C.